BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Archicad Crashes during BIMx Upload

JCCARLOS91
Enthusiast

Hi,

I have one specific Teamwork file that keeps crashing whenever I'm uploading a BIMx.

I've tried uploading just the drawings first and it goes through the upload. But when I upload the 3D view, it lags then crashes after a while.

Any solutions?

Thank you!!

John

John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019
2 REPLIES 2
Norbert Kucsma
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi John,

Thank you for the question and I’m sorry to hear about the problem.

I assume that Archicad freezes during the publishing process and you have to force quit the application. Please be aware that publishing a 3D model is a heavy operation, which requires a lot of resources. To troubleshoot this issue please read this article and you can find more tips on this site. We generally advise to turn off the General Illumination (GI) if the publishing is stuck, you can find this function under the BIMx Export Options.

Let me know if you have any other questions, please use our official BIMx support channel bimx@graphisoft.com to answer. 

Kind regs,

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer, Technical Support Team
GRAPHISOFT SE, Budapest

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer

Hi Nrobert,

Thanks for the response.

However, GI is already turned off and there are very minimal complex objects in the model. I have reduced more objects from the view. The polygon count is down to 108, 108 and it still crashing.

John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019