Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Archicad Solo presentation abilities

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Considering migrating from another CAD package to ArchiCad Solo. Having previously worked with Revit (whilst at a commercial practice) I recently set up on my own and currently using Vectorworks which I am very disappointed with. So I dabbled with a trial version of Archicad and overall was very impressed. However i have not been able to figure out its presentation abilities. I imagine you can you present drawings in a B&W but do you have the ability to drop shadows and have simple b&w graphic representation i.e cladding, brick etc.(in SOLO)

Any steer would be welcomed and helpful. Thanks

GK
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post an image of the result you wish to achieve and then we can say if it is possible in ArchiCAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Something along these lines
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So the answer is yes.
You can create Sections or Elevations and there you have various options.
You can have transparency, you can have shadows, you can have 3D Vectorial Hatching.

If you want Textures, you can use the OpenGL Engine in 3D, and OpenGL also has transparency and shadows and you can create orthogonal elevation views in the 3D Window as well.

Also, you have 256 Pens in ArchiCAD in a Pen Set and you can have multiple Pen Set. So you can create a Grayscale Pen Set.
Or when you have a color Elevation, you can place it on a Layout as a Drawing and you can set that Drawing to be Grayscale or Black and White.
Or you can select Grayscale option when priting to PDF or a printer. So there are various ways of achieving that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, - and this is available with Solo as well i take it.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, as far as I know.
Here is the page of the Start Edition (Called Solo Edition in the UK and Ireland, I think). As you scroll down you will find a comparison matrix between ArchiCAD 17 and AC Start/Solo Edition.
In the field of visualization, Start/Solo does not have the Sketch Rendering Engine and Lightworks Rendering Engine, but all features of Sections/Elevations and the 3D Window are available in it as well:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/start_edition/
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi George / Laszlo

There are difference from start edition and the solo ( uk product)
Find a comparison here

http://www.gsconnect.co.uk/downloads/AC17FeatureComparison.pdf

Basically it s pretty much the same as the full version - but without Lightworks and Teamwork .

I can very much recommend it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Yes i have the comparison sheet but could not tell from that if the absence of lightworks also meant the absence of shadow and basic line texture as shown in the image i originally attached.

GK
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Lennox,

Thanks for the info/correction.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi George

In the open gl 3d window you can have shadows and it gives quiteb a good effect. For photo real views export into artlantis.

The new version of Archicad will have cinerender built in - however its likely that Solo will not have this. (or the BIM Cloud)
3.jpg