Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archicad & the Metaverse

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

I wonder how Archicad will compete in the metaverse?

I think it's going to be increasingly easy to build beautiful structures without real-world limitations or clients to worry about. There will be as much, if not much more, money to be made in virtual worlds than in the real world. The first virtual building has also sold for approximately $512,000 and it will never be built. Or perhaps we sell our models as NFTs along with our real-world deliverables. 

I have personally already bought 4 lots in SuperWorld and am eyeing up Victoria VR (the first hyper-realistic virtual, unreal engine powered, blockchain world which is about to drop early next year) next. It's early days, but the digital land rush has begun. Buildings can be sold or rented, or advertising  / augmented reality rights can be leased, in multiple worlds.

Web 3.0 is just around the corner. Is anyone else planning to stake a claim? Do you think Archicad will play a big part in it?

Would love to hear more opinions!

Cheers,

Link.

69 REPLIES 69
pablopaci
Contributor

Hello.
I could give you some opinions but I wouldn't want to in the forum... can you write to me in Private Message? [email address removed by moderator - never give out your email address in forums, it will be harvested by spammers.]
I have an architecture studio for metaverses.
Regards

Of course! 

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

Please CC me in the email! You have my address. I'd love to talk about this offline!

Cheers,

Link.

jl_lt
Ace

Hi, i recommend this video. Yes, there is a lot of techno hoopla, proper of those times, but you can see the beginnings of all this virtual worlds idea.

https://youtu.be/d64zuY6Mg28

Of particular interest starting at 1:47:00 mark

JohnJay
Expert

Surely trying to use AC for something like Metaverse architecture is like trying to use a linear cutter to make an organic sculpture?

Metaverse architecture has no limits, and doesn't need to adhere to any real world physics.  Do we even need architecture in the Metaverse?

Even if we do, we certainly won't need construction documentation, so what would be the point of using AC?

For now modelling and graphics are so limited anyway by blockchain capacity so everything looks like it was modelled 40 years ago...

If/when capacity increases then IMO then freeform/AI/procedural modelling will be much more useful - change a few parameters and you have a brand new unimaginable space...

And to those parroting "power consumption", I'd be interested in seeing a comparison between a PoS metaverse vs the global consumption of all current power hungry games PCs/consoles

AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

I agree with your thoughts about freeform modeling and lack of constraints, but I also believe the metaverse will have endless variations. Including worlds where real-world architecture and Archicad and Archicad users will be in high demand. This is also why I hope that Graphisoft or Nemetschek pave the way for such a world.

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

Interesting quick read and update from people in the know!

The Role of Architecture in the Metaverse:

https://realmroundup.substack.com/p/the-role-of-architecture-in-the-metaverse

Cheers,

Link. 

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

Quick & Interesting read on the subject of virtual real estate. 

"But that's not all — in some cases, metaverse real estate and physical real estate have started to converge. The MetaReal mansion is a real-life Miami home with an identical virtual mansion in the metaverse that will be listed for auction in early 2023. That means the purchaser of the home will also acquire ownership rights to the NFT asset. This very well could be the tipping point for adopting NFTs in the real world."

Read the article here.

Cheers,

Link.

62DFCD21-D825-4741-AC1B-518DE6BED6F9.jpeg

“Zuckerberg's Meta move may have kickstarted a new topic of discussion on the internet and even made some money for other companies in this space. For Meta itself, though, the move hasn't reaped many benefits.

For instance, numbers released by Meta earlier this year showed that it lost $10 billion in the last quarter of 2021 alone in its attempts to build the metaverse. This was just the beginning of the mammoth task the company was aiming to undertake, and the markets reacted strongly, slashing the company's valuation by $200 billion in just one afternoon.”  

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

https://www.analyzingamerica.org/2022/10/672968/?fbclid=IwAR3fMsl-A2xXvvewQ15zpXrlf5lz1NIIGKTQhk_kN1...  

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25