Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Archicad files saved as Artlantis

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I save a rendering from Archicad to Artlantis. I don't seem to be able to open the file. "It says error reading file". I've checked the file and it seems that if I have only show the wall, slab, and roof layers with out furniture layer or the mesh layer (site), then artlantis can read the file!
Is there anyway I can change the memory in artlantis? to be able to read these files? or is this just the way it is? I work in System 10 so the memory is not adjustable? Help!
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Assieh wrote:
When I save a rendering from Archicad to Artlantis. I don't seem to be able to open the file. "It says error reading file".
This is a well known issue...
http://www.escribe.com/software/archicadtalk/m25670.html

Most likely, one of your material names has a double quote symbol (") in it.

Be sure to post what version of ArchiCAD and what version of Artlantis you are using as this really does matter in trying to answer! 😉 If you have 4.5, did you download the update to 4.5.6 from the Abvent web site?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using Archicad 8.1 V2 and Artlantis 4.5.3. Thanks I will look into updating my Artlantis. I am not sure I understand the -double quote symbol! do you mean that I have double libraries? :
Karl Ottenstein
Assieh wrote:
I am using Archicad 8.1 V2 and Artlantis 4.5.3. Thanks I will look into updating my Artlantis. I am not sure I understand the -double quote symbol! do you mean that I have double libraries? :
No, that one or more of your material names has a double quote (inch symbol) in it, such as 'Siding-6" Wood'

Pretty sure that must be the problem... Good luck.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB