BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Archicad model in 3ds max

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

This is my first try in 3ds max using archicad model, still in intial stage,
Comments are welcomed.
ashok_hj@yahoo.com

Ashok.
5 REPLIES 5
stefan
Expert
What do you need to know?

First time in 3ds max? I don't think so. Maybe first time with an ArchiCAD model 😉 Lighting quality is pretty good. Modeling is good.

Some textures seem to be missing or is everything supposed to be white? The mapping of the grass texture seems odd. Maybe correct it with a UVW Map modifier.

Are these Bionatics trees?

The render image is highly compressed, which makes details hard to see.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou for your comments,Iam still working on file.
When there is change in the model Is there is any method to use old 3dsmax file for reference for new file. like the option (use reference)in Artlantis.

Iam using archicad from past 5 years, this is first time rendering in 3ds max.

This is xfrog trees.Since graphisoft allows me to upload a file maximum of 256kb, I had to reduce the the file size and image is not clear.

Thanks
Ashok.
stefan
Expert
Automatic synchronizing or reloading is not possible. The plugins from Marc Lorenz however provide an approach to automate the material assignments.

And I have, in the past, updated models by reloading (merging), reapplying materials and copying modifiers when used. Then you can delete the old model. Camera's, lights and animation can stay as is. This is not perfect, but in less then 5 minutes, a full model is transfered, so not a big deal.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you stefan

Now iam using the same method.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

Check out the latest update of the image, still working on the file. Comments are welcomed.
Learn and get certified!