BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Archicad with Maxwell Render....show us your work!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still working with HDR's a bit. Still quite new to this whole rendering game too. I have zero clue what most setting do I just play with them until I get the look I want. I used a HDR an a plane or floor for this shot. Grabbed a car from Archibase Planet and used Maxwell to render. Came out ok I think.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's another one I did. I used Archicad 16 to do the layout and Maxwell Render to render. The wall needs a bump map...I did this before I understood how to use a bump map. Overall most of my friends thought it was a real picture I don't know how to use any other programs than Archicad and Maxwell Render. Maxwell might have slow rendering times but the end product is high quality
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the most recent one I've done using HDR lighting on the left and basic emitter lighting on top. Custom made wallpaper (hard to tell details). I let this render for about 2 hours. Multilight was enabled also. The setup and objects I used from Archicad 18. And yes I see the Andy Whorhal painting is upside down. I don't know to rotate materials yet in Maxwell render without creating a whole new Material. Any suggestions would help
Anonymous
Not applicable
He'res the latest render. I set the scene up using Archicad 18. I did a modern kitchen but this scene is just a small portion of the complete kitchen. This is a model of 4 modern stools at the breakfast bar. I turned the HDR image off for an evening effect. I have one light emitter coming from the rear. I have another light emitter coming from the breakfast bar leg. It's blue. I used Maxwell Render V2.7.2 to render. I used a f-stop of 5 and a focal length of 85. ISO at 50. The effect I was going for was to make the first stool clear with the next being slightly blurred and more blurry, then blurriest. I think I achieved what I was going for. I'm super happy with the results. Maxwell Render is unsurpassed in quality. This render took 29 hours! I know, it's not fast at all but check out some rendering times with big budget films and you'll hear render times of 40+ hours for one frame to render. But I'm only using an i7 and no render farm. I do this for fun in my spare time. But I really think it came out photo realistic for sure. Let me know what you think
Stools 2 Small.jpg
Learn and get certified!