Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad23 Schedule question

AlexM09
Booster

Hey,

I have an schedule riddle on my hands and maybe someone can help.

I have 3 different zone. On each zone i will place an object and depending on the zone it is places, the object changes the value of one parameter. (attached image)

If I place the object on Zone Acc, the value is 2.

If I place it on Zone Office, the value is 3.

If I place it on Zone Staff Room, the value is 5.

The point is that I will have different numbers of the same object on all 3 zones and I want to quantify the total sum & sum/zone. It is important that i use the same object (same proprieties), not 3 different objects.

I can create schedules that quantifies the number of objects placed on the zone, but I can not multiply that automatically in Archicad by 2,3 or 5.

1.JPG

Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Ah, that is easy then.

You have your objects for shelves, tables, etc.

They then need to have a parameter for 'number of selling spots' (you need to now a little GDL for this) or you need to add a Property that is associated to a Classification and then those objects set to that Classification.

So short story is you have the value for number of selling spots in the object.

Now you set up your schedule t look for the objects.

Sorry I can't attach any images as I have reached the forum limit of 1000 - we are looking into how to increase that.

So attached is an image file you can open.

You will see I have set up a simple schedule to look for objects (you can be more specific with the criteria if you want.

It will then show the library part name, the related zone and the number of shelves which is a parameter in the object.

I have just used a default shelf object.

You can add library part parameters (browse for the object and find the parameter you want - has to be the same parameter in all objects, but you only need to add it for one object).

Or you can add a Property (properties and parameters and browse for the property you want to use).

So now the objects can be places and the value for selling spots set for each object.

Add or drag the objects around as you wish and the schedule will give the info you want.

Barry.

number of shelves schedule.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly

You don't want to quantify the number of objects.

You need to schedule the parameter in the object that gives you the value.

If it is an actual 'integer' parameter, you should be able to total that in the schedule.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

hey, thanks for input :]

If I assign a different integer value for objects based on each zone, that will make my objects be 'different'. Because the objects look the same in 2d and 3d I don't want to manually check for each zone if I have the right objects.

I want to get the final sum based on zones and number of objects on each zone + some Archicad whichcraft. 

In reality I have 20 different types of zone and some 50+ types of objects.

It doesn't matter what the object is, so long as it has the parameter that you want to schedule.

You can have 50 objects, but they all need the same parameter - which is the parameter you will schedule.

I guess you will have to set the value of the parameter manually, as I don't think an object can actually detect what zone it is in (except for doors and windows) and therefore wont be able to adjust the parameter automatically.

So effectively, you are just placing as many objects as you need (could be the same object or one of the 50 different ones), you set the parameter value and then schedule it.

In fact it won't matter if you have zones or not - the schedule will just be looking for the objects.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Assigning values to all the objects would indeed work. It would break my rule of not having 'different' objects, but i'll take it as a backup solution. Thank you.

I am trying to find a solution that is as simple as possible. The people that will use the template I am working on have no idea what an ifc propriety is and are rather new to Archicad.

Is there any way to add excel vodo like SUMIF or basic arithmetic operations inside Archicad schedules? (without saving it as an excel file) That would be nice to have.

Hang on, now you are talking about IFC properties?

Exactly what is the object, what is it for?

What are you trying to achieve in the schedule?

What is it you are actually counting?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

It's for a clothing shop. 

Inside the shop there are shelves and other kinds of furniture. With each type of furniture having an Archicad object. For each object there is a certain number of selling spots taken into account. 

For example a shelf might have 2,3 or 5 selling spots depending on the zone it is placed on. Some items are bigger (like jeans), some smaller (like gloves), therefor there are different numbers for different zones. Depending on how many items fit on the shelf. The same Archicad objects are used on all zones. Aka the same shelf object is the same on all zones, the same table object is the same on all zone and so on.

I want the total number of selling spots and a breakdown by zone. 

The idea is that the zones are fixed but the furniture moves very often. So the number of spots changes with it. And I want to keep a close eye on it. 

The 'selling spots' number can be inserted into each object and that solved the problem, but the people that do the moving of furniture (Archicad objects) are not Archicad savvy. I don't want them messing with the proprieties of the objects.

So I want to find a solution that can result from manipulation of schedules.

Solution

Ah, that is easy then.

You have your objects for shelves, tables, etc.

They then need to have a parameter for 'number of selling spots' (you need to now a little GDL for this) or you need to add a Property that is associated to a Classification and then those objects set to that Classification.

So short story is you have the value for number of selling spots in the object.

Now you set up your schedule t look for the objects.

Sorry I can't attach any images as I have reached the forum limit of 1000 - we are looking into how to increase that.

So attached is an image file you can open.

You will see I have set up a simple schedule to look for objects (you can be more specific with the criteria if you want.

It will then show the library part name, the related zone and the number of shelves which is a parameter in the object.

I have just used a default shelf object.

You can add library part parameters (browse for the object and find the parameter you want - has to be the same parameter in all objects, but you only need to add it for one object).

Or you can add a Property (properties and parameters and browse for the property you want to use).

So now the objects can be places and the value for selling spots set for each object.

Add or drag the objects around as you wish and the schedule will give the info you want.

Barry.

number of shelves schedule.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27

There seem to be no simpler solution manipulation schedules, so I'll give it a shot like this and I'll see how it goes.

Thanks