Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Architectural visualization in CryEngine2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently started using Crysis game engine for architectural viz of my designs:

example render 1

example render 1

video demonstration

Engine not only offers VR solution, but also "rendering" of still pictures and animations in decent quality, and is very quick compared to Vray or Artlantis.
Drawback is you need to have "Crysis" (game or demo) installed with SDK,
Also if you suggest using my conversion script you will have to install 3dsMax (version 9).
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have often wondered why game engines are not used for VR architectural presentations.

Defaxer is there any chance you can provide some llinks that explain how to tranfer an archicad model into the cryo engine, or can you give a brief explination yourself to get an idea of what is involved in carrying out the process?
Anonymous
Not applicable
GS should hire you to wire this up inside ArchiCAD (or do the add-on). That's very cool stuff.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is my site. currently it's on russian, with some english pages. English version is coming up...
You can find there a maxscript (for 3ds Max 9):
download it here

Small video tutorial shows conversion process (video included with installation).
Matthew wrote:
GS should hire you to wire this up inside ArchiCAD (or do the add-on). That's very cool stuff.
Why? Don't you know that ArchiCAD 14 is coming fully loaded and fully equipped with a "state of the art photorealistic" renderer?

Mmmm.....

Lightworks ver. LD* with almost (but not quite) radiosity and almost decent lighting (if you spend countless hours tweaking it enough)

Lightworks - the renderer of the future.

(* last decade)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi defaxer, I had alook at your site and Ive got everything everything I need except the SKD file, can you please point me towards a good link where I can down load it? thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you need Crysis demo www.crysisdemo.com
You can find SDK here
Crysis Modding community crymod.com
Crytek online documentation doc.crymod.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
defaxer, Ive got everything but I dont think your script will work on 3DS max 10 no?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Never tested it... If you mean 3ds MAX 2008 - there is Crytek exporter for this version, there is no exporter for MAX 2010 however. So even if maxscript is working you can't export anything.