Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Area Schedules - How to format as requested?

rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks for the help.
see attached.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
12 REPLIES 12
rob2218
Enthusiast
sorta....got it to work.
Just now need the sub-summation under each of the zones that are "A", "B", "B1", "A1", "C", "D"

what button, checkbox, non-checkbox do I have to click to make the magic happen....hubboy.
it's tough justifying all this 'programming and setup' time to the client. THEY don't want to hear it....and to some degree...I can see why.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
jl_lt
Ace
Hi. Im on the phone right now so i cant check right away everything, but i would add another criteria with floor plan level or maybe zone name, or maybe zone ID, and then add the Sumatory simbol to it.

I normally do it for floor plans (to get the partial sum of each floor), so i think there should be a way to name or ID the zones in a way that the software can detect which UNIT is A, B, C, etc and then group them together to give you the partial sums by unit you need.
jl_lt
Ace
Another (more peculiar) way than im thinking right now could be to make a schedule for each unit with its partial sum; It should be easy to diferentiate each of them as you can detect them by name with criteria (name includes unit A.... and so on) and then stich them together in the layout and add the total sum from the shedule you already have. Once you have it it will update automatically. Hope it helps!
rob2218
Enthusiast
So...this is what I'm looking for but I'm just not sure how to go about making this setting occur on this schedule? Any suggesions?
jl_lt wrote:
Hi. Im on the phone right now so i cant check right away everything, but i would add another criteria with floor plan level or maybe zone name, or maybe zone ID, and then add the Sumatory simbol to it.

I normally do it for floor plans (to get the partial sum of each floor), so i think there should be a way to name or ID the zones in a way that the software can detect which UNIT is A, B, C, etc and then group them together to give you the partial sums by unit you need.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
humm...
this may be a way as well.

thanks,
jl_lt wrote:
Another (more peculiar) way than im thinking right now could be to make a schedule for each unit with its partial sum; It should be easy to diferentiate each of them as you can detect them by name with criteria (name includes unit A.... and so on) and then stich them together in the layout and add the total sum from the shedule you already have. Once you have it it will update automatically. Hope it helps!
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
here's what that peculiar way of setting does....
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
ChrisB
Participant
The format you require is possible & straight forward to setup but you’ll need to breakdown the zone name into separate fields I.e. Unit, floor (Home Story Name should give you this) & room (if required). There are a number of ways you could do this, the easiest of which are as follows…

Zone fields
The zone stamp you’re using may have a settings tab under the Setting Dialogue (the UK version certainly does) where this data can be stored in separate fields e.g Apartment ID, Apartment Name, Position etc. Once in there, these fields can be added to the schedule by using the Add Field/Library Part Parameters

Properties
Create.a new property group & add the fields required. Classify & assign the group/properties to zones, then populate each zone with the required data. These properties can be added to the schedule

Once you’ve separated the data & added the fields to schedule ie Unit, Floor, Area etc in the required order, make sure you…

▪ tick the ’Show Headline’ box…first field listed becomes a headline e.g. Apartment Name. This can be changed to include more fields using the adjacent ‘Edit’ button
▪ place the flag against the Unit field,,,the flag determines which field is used to create sub totals (only one field can be selected)

Screen shots attached as a basic example…hope this helps…

AC16-24 Solo (latest version)
OSX 10.15.6 - MacBook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 64Gb DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
THAT'S IT! SIR.....
but...again...it's super confusing to me.
I looked at the zone tag and can't find any "Apartment field"?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
a bit confusing, totally, to me still.
ChrisB wrote:
The format you require is possible & straight forward to setup but you’ll need to breakdown the zone name into separate fields I.e. Unit, floor (Home Story Name should give you this) & room (if required). There are a number of ways you could do this, the easiest of which are as follows…

Zone fields
The zone stamp you’re using may have a settings tab under the Setting Dialogue (the UK version certainly does) where this data can be stored in separate fields e.g Apartment ID, Apartment Name, Position etc. Once in there, these fields can be added to the schedule by using the Add Field/Library Part Parameters

Properties
Create.a new property group & add the fields required. Classify & assign the group/properties to zones, then populate each zone with the required data. These properties can be added to the schedule

Once you’ve separated the data & added the fields to schedule ie Unit, Floor, Area etc in the required order, make sure you…

▪ tick the ’Show Headline’ box…first field listed becomes a headline e.g. Apartment Name. This can be changed to include more fields using the adjacent ‘Edit’ button
▪ place the flag against the Unit field,,,the flag determines which field is used to create sub totals (only one field can be selected)

Screen shots attached as a basic example…hope this helps…

Screenshot 2020-02-28 at 23.56.13.png
Screenshot 2020-02-28 at 23.56.37.png
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23