Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Area text format in fills

RWARCHPC
Booster
I am struggling to revise the display of floor area in fills and wondered if anyone can fill me on how to do this correctly: I want the diplayed floor area to show the nearest whole square foot and have updated the project preferences for calculation rules and units to display floor area with zero decimal places. After saving and restarting, the standard two decimal places remain. Any advice on how to do this correctly would be appreciated.
Robert Wilkanowski
Archicad 27
Mac OS Monterey
Hardware: M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 64GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think this is controlled by "Dimensions..." (Menu>Options>Project Preferences>Dimensions...). Create a new dimensions set with your area decimals and rounding and apply it to your view.
RWARCHPC
Booster
Thanks for your response. I have already set the decimal place number to zero but have not seen the expected results. I do not know what a "dimension set" is.
Robert Wilkanowski
Archicad 27
Mac OS Monterey
Hardware: M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 64GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
Barry Kelly
RWARCHPC wrote:
Thanks for your response. I have already set the decimal place number to zero but have not seen the expected results. I do not know what a "dimension set" is.

No it is not in the calculation units.
It is actually considered as a dimension as Braza mentioned.

Braza wrote:
this is controlled by "Dimensions..." (Menu>Options>Project Preferences>Dimensions...).

These dimension preferences are saved in a dimension scheme.
You can save as many of these schemes as you want and can apply them to each of your views - just like layer combinations.
But make sure you 'Save As' the dimension scheme that is being used in the view that shows your fills.
Type in the exact scheme name and you will be prompted to overwrite it.

Unfortunately there is no override or update option for the scheme - you have to 'Save As' with the same name (or create a new name).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
RWARCHPC
Booster
Thank you Barry, and Braza. I see it now...thanks for clarifying.
Robert Wilkanowski
Archicad 27
Mac OS Monterey
1TB SSD storage