Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis OpenGL error on startup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

I started Artlantis today and it couldn't open my current or any old project that I had worked on before. I tried Reinstalling, updating and restarting. I need to End Task the program in order to close if after the error appears.

CPU: i7 - 6700k
GPU: AMD R9 380, 4GB
RAM: 16GB
MB: Z170, AsRock
MODELER: ArchiCAD 19, student version

btw, AMD released a new driver a week ago, could it be it?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should ask this question on the Artlantis Forum:

http://artlantis.com/_forums/index.php

This forum only deals with ARCHICAD-Artlantis rendering settings and data exchange mostly.
That forum will surely be able to help you more quickly with this kind of issue.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
You should ask this question on the Artlantis Forum:

http://artlantis.com/_forums/index.php

This forum only deals with ARCHICAD-Artlantis rendering settings and data exchange mostly.
That forum will surely be able to help you more quickly with this kind of issue.
I did, no answer though. I thought I could try my luck here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did also discovered this error. Was recently changing SSD, PSU and graphics card. After few tries and errors I booted back with my old SSD (which did have drivers for my old graphics card drivers and they did readjust to new driver - didn't download new one) and Artlantis loaded my project as usual. Once I updated drivers to recent ones (still on old SSD) it crashed with same error.
Then I downloaded older drivers from AMD site version 15.12 and it worked on my new SSD (newly installed Windows 10).

So:
- XFX Radeon R9 380X (old was XFX Radeon HD7950)
- Windows 10 Core x64
- Crimson drivers version 15.12
- Artlantis 6

Was late so I did go to sleep after managed to load project but still I need to check if changing 3D options for just Artlantis in Catalyst manger will make any difference with this error. Maybe even ask AMD support if they know difference between 15.12 drivers and the new ones.
Will post here if I make progress but for sure not in next few days - too much work waiting.

mikey