BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArtlantisROut plugin only works on some machines

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've signed up with Artlantis to see how "R" treats me. I've always liked the speed and results of Artlantis 4.0, but thought the interface should be in a Museum of Pain. I'm hoping "R" has addressed some of that (it looks like I can describe position in feet and inches...good start!)

I've put what I believe is the correct plugin (ArtlantisR_Out) into the ArchiCAD 9:Add-Ons:Import/Export folder on two machines. One machine allows me to save in ArtlantisR format, the other doesn't. To troubleshoot the bad machine, I made sure ArchiCAD 9 was current. Now it is; no change with respect to the problem.

Also, when I do save out to ArtlantisR format, do I no longer get options having to do with reference files? Did workflow moving model changes from ArchiCAD to an existing Artlantis project take a step backwards?

Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve,

The add-on is both Artlantis R 1.0 and R 1.1

Regards,
Pierre
Thanks.

It does not work for me. I hope there wil be an plug-in for ArchiCAD 10.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Thomas Holm
Booster
Steve wrote:
It does not work for me. I hope there wil be an plug-in for ArchiCAD 10.
It's coming.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes,

The Archicad 10 Plug-in for Artlantis R 1.2 and Artlantis Studio will be avalaible for Archicad 10 launch.
Steve, if you have any problem, contact our support at :
support@abvent.com

Pierre
Thank you very much Pierre,
I Apriciate your responce and your help. The problem is fixed. Thank you.

Art*Lantis is the best investment I ever made in software. I would hate to think of working with out it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Pierre Judde wrote:
The Archicad 10 Plug-in for Artlantis R 1.2 and Artlantis Studio will be avalaible for Archicad 10 launch.
Pierre,
We have downloaded & installed the Plug-in for AC10 as described, but most of the time receive the error message "Cannot write output file." This occurred in AC9 as well, however we had the option to save as Artlantis 4.5 which always worked.

Needles to say we have a project in AC10 now, which we need to render somewhat urgently in Art-R. AND I would prefer not to save our PLN backwards to AC9 as that presents a raft of issues.

Our version of Art-R is V 1.1.0.12 Should we copy the 4.5 Plug-in from AC9 to the AC10 folder, or is there an update for Art-R to V 1.2 we need?

Thanks for your time.

Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
David Collins
Advocate
Scott wrote:
..We have downloaded & installed the Plug-in for AC10 as described, but most of the time receive the error message "Cannot write output file." ...
I'm also getting this extravagantly helpful Abvent error message, but I think in my case it's telling me that there's not enough RAM for the number of polygons I'm trying to export.

With 2 gb of RAM I can successfully export up to around 900,000 polygons. Artlantis itself can handle much more than this, so it looks like I'm going to need to get the rest of this model into Artlantis as two or three Artlantis objects.

Old tip: all that number crunching that goes on when you first open a 3d view in ArchiCAD is for the real time display. To speed things up for an Artlantis export, turn the camera *away* from the model so that its looking at empty space. The Artlantis add-on will still find and export the polygons. This may even help the export by freeing up some RAM, but that's mostly speculation on my part.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!