Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Attribute Window Not Legible in Dark Mode

Attributes list in attribute editing windows still showing list of attributes as solid white in dark mode on macOS.

I thought this was reported earlier and would be resolved by now.

Using latest build 5003 on Mac Monterey on M1 Max laptop

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 11.02.10 AM.jpg

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
8 REPLIES 8
DGSketcher
Legend

5002 UKI FULL. Why am I still seeing this in the interface... there is absolutely no justification for this type of bug after the number of times it has been reported!

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 10.44.18.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

It would be really nice if the dark interface could be made to work, but that said, the main drawing window remains white anyway unless you change the background which makes up the vast majority of the screen so I never really saw the benefit of introducing the dark interface other than a gimmick.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

My dinosaur eyes struggle with the grey (light) scheme, and since the removal of virtually all colour indicators from the icons, Dark Mode made AC useable again. It isn't perfect, but on balance I find it easier to use. Key word there is easier if GS are reading!

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

It would be nice to bring back the colour. Use of the orange and blue branding would work nicely. The interface is clean but I do also sometimes find it difficult to differentiate the buttons. My eyes are getting old now too. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Karl Ottenstein

I see the same thing with AC 26 build 5002 on an Intel Mac running Ventura.  (I was hoping your experience was a glitch in the Apple Silicon version, @Rex Maximilian )

I suppose in Graphisoft's defense, "Enable System Appearance" (Dark/Light mode) is still listed in the Work Environment as an "Experimental Feature".  That is a shame after so many years... maybe it will be a real feature of 27! 🙄😀

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Working at night in dark mode is very beneficial to my eye health. I often times set the white back ground to a medium to light-gray when in dark mode. It is perfect. Don't underestimate it in its effect on reducing eye-strain.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

Yup... three versions now Dark Mode has been available, and this still happens.

This tells me they are intensely disorganized internally with their punch list of bug fixes; because something like this reported many times hasn't been addressed.

And yeah, you're right, it still has that "bat" symbol next to it.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
gZax
Participant

Still happening in AC27 3001 GRE Intel Mac

gZax_0-1700678164851.png

Giorgis