Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AutoText not working

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Instead of the following:

1560 Broadway, Denver CO 80202

This string is displayed in all Master Layouts:

<STREET>, <CITY> <COUNTRY> <CODE>

We've never had this problem before, but now it is consistently happening on different machines and all new PM files. I've tried deleting/retyping the necessary text into the Layout Book Info box. I even cut/paste this text string from a "working" PM file into a new file, but still no luck. All other AutoText entities are working fine.

In a hurry, no time to post screen shot -- any ideas? LJY
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
7 REPLIES 7
Does the code not require something to say where this data is coming from?

Look at the Autotext codes inserted on a section marker in ArchiCAD - They start with PmA. Try that and you should get what you want.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Laura wrote:
Instead of the following:

1560 Broadway, Denver CO 80202

This string is displayed in all Master Layouts:

<STREET>, <CITY> <COUNTRY> <CODE>

In a hurry, no time to post screen shot -- any ideas? LJY
Laura:

Has this information been filled in under Book>Book Info... ? Just a guess.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
David wrote:
Has this information been filled in under Book>Book Info... ? Just a guess.
Yes it has.

Well... came in this morning and now all is as it should be (I had tried a cold reboot yesterday as part of my attempts to remedy the situation, and this too did not help). All I have gleamed from this is it had something to do with more than one AutoText entity in a single line of text. Thanks for the help, LJY.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
TomWaltz
Participant
Aaron wrote:
Does the code not require something to say where this data is coming from?

Look at the Autotext codes inserted on a section marker in ArchiCAD - They start with PmA. Try that and you should get what you want.
The autotext codes in section and detail markers are fake. They have no actual bearing on what Plotmaker does. I abbreviated our custom markers to <DR> and <SHT> so they did not look so obnoxious.

Thanks to Mr Lohden for that little trivia....
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a similar problem where the Autotext label is not displaying the object ID. It worked fine previously on the same project.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I suspect that the Label was not placed with the "Associative" Geometry Method, so it is a static Label.
However, you can select any static Label and CTRL-click on any element and the Label will become associated to that Element, and display the Element ID properly.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Worked like a charm, thank you very much.