BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Automatic email not sent with link to BIMx.

Tracey Sharples
Contributor
In the past, when I uploaded a model to the BIMx transfer site I would receive an email with a link to it that I could give my client. This is no longer happening. Has something changed? Can I set something up so this happens again? The only way I can get the link at the moment is to go the Transfer site and manually copy and paste the link into an email.
thanks
Archicad 26 Win11
11 REPLIES 11
Marc H
Advisor
Well I'm new at the transfer site - in fact, just uploaded my first today and it did send a link. I don't know if it helps as you are probably more practiced, but it only worked properly if I uploaded and published from the the 'company' tab and not 'My Models' tab. I find it confusing, but there was a difference.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Tracey Sharples
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. Doesn't matter whether you're new or not! Some times a fresh pair of eyes is just what's needed. I will check your suggestion out next time we need to publish a Bimx model.
Archicad 26 Win11
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

If the e-mails are not in your spam folder, then either you are signed in with the wrong account in ARCHICAD, or there is a problem in our database. (maybe we have the wrong e-mail address registered for you?) It is not possible to manually turn off these e-mails from your account settings.

Please check your registered e-mail address, and if it is fine, and you are still not getting e-mail, then send me your registered e-mail address in a Private message, and if possible also let me know when you uploaded last. This way we could check our database.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
I have the same problem with AC23.
After several successful transfers, it stopped. With the same account, AC 24 works ok. When I started the transfer in AC24 I got a message to resume non-finished uploads from AC23.
Also, the model is heavily corrupted in BimX, with flickering and wrong geometry.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
uisanata wrote:
After several successful transfers, it stopped. With the same account, AC 24 works ok. When I started the transfer in AC24 I got a message to resume non-finished uploads from AC23.
Also, the model is heavily corrupted in BimX, with flickering and wrong geometry.
Dear Ernest,

Thank you very much for your question and I am very sorry about the issue!

From the description, I can see that publishing from AC24 worked well, therefore there should not be any issue with our server. There is one interesting detail: "After several successful transfers, it stopped... when I started the transfer in AC24 I got a message to resume non-finished uploads from AC23."

which suggests that the previous model from AC23 failed to be sent to the transfer site. I am wondering if you can publish the BIMx model locally? Was it successful?

Also, does this issue happen with any files, or with one file only?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't have the time to fully investigate the problem. Indeed, publishing locally was possible from the corrupted AC23 file. Also, this behavior was related to a single file until now.
We moved this project to AC24 and it works better.
Probably the upload was faulty because of a communication error, my main concern was the wrong geometry and flickering, never seen that before.
I will look for the file and send you the link.

mnguyen wrote:
uisanata wrote:
Dear Ernest,

Thank you very much for your question and I am very sorry about the issue!

From the description, I can see that publishing from AC24 worked well, therefore there should not be any issue with our server. There is one interesting detail: "After several successful transfers, it stopped... when I started the transfer in AC24 I got a message to resume non-finished uploads from AC23."

which suggests that the previous model from AC23 failed to be sent to the transfer site. I am wondering if you can publish the BIMx model locally? Was it successful?

Also, does this issue happen with any files, or with one file only?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh
arch. ernest atanasiu
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for the information!

I haven't seen you mentioning about wrong geometry and flickering issue, but it sounds like Far From Origin for me. Please check this article and let me know if this helps. Feel free to ask me if you have any further issues!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

I have sent you a private message with the bimx file.
The model is 150 m from the Origin, I don't think it's the cause of the problem.

mnguyen wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for the information!

I haven't seen you mentioning about wrong geometry and flickering issue, but it sounds like Far From Origin for me. Please check this article and let me know if this helps. Feel free to ask me if you have any further issues!

Best regards,
Minh
arch. ernest atanasiu
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
uisanata wrote:
I have sent you a private message with the bimx file.
The model is 150 m from the Origin, I don't think it's the cause of the problem.
Hi,

I sent you a message about the flickering issue. In short, I would say the model is not far from origin, but there are 2 slabs with covering fills that have far from origin handles. Either moving the fills' handles back to the origin, or switching the Fill Orientation Method to "Link to Project Origin" would reset it.

Let me know if this helps!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT