Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Automatic schedule paging with multiple columns/rows

davidstonearchicad21
Contributor
Hi

Following 'Restructure Schedule to Fit Layout' here https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76852/ I was able to set the width of the placed view of the schedule and it automatically sends the next items to the next rows, creating 2 rows on the page. All good except with 900 window types in a very large project we have generated a large number of rows. So we need to split them amongst multiple sheets.

So following 'Split Schedule into Multiple Layouts' https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76853/ i was expecting the 2 rows to appear per page, but instead only one row appears per sheet. And these being A1 sheets obviously there is too much wasted space and paper. Am I missing something that'll allow it to all happen automatically?

Current workaround in the attached screenshot. It's a manual process of placing the large view with many rows over the sheets in the right place.

//With our door schedule we have 4 rows so it splits them onto 4 times as many sheets..
AC24

2 x Xeon E5-2667 v2 (16c/32t @ 3.3-4.0 GHz)

64Gb RAM(ECC) Quad channel 1333Ghz (next upgrade 1866Ghz)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb

500Gb 840PRO SSD, 3 TB HDD (next upgrade PCIe NVMe SSD)
6 REPLIES 6
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The automatic creation of pages with schedule is nice, until you have to deal with project changes and you can't add a change to the individual sheets, since it sees it somehow as one sheet with a lot of pages. So if a door on page 4 changes and you have 10 pages, you get a change added to all 10 pages instead of just page 4.

Because of this we had to go back manually making our layout pages. Nowhere near 900 entries though... that sounds painful.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
I share the opinion of Erwin Edel And I prefer to break up my nomenclatures asticously in function of my layouts
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
davidstonearchicad21
Contributor
That's right Erwin, its just not a profitable use of time. And we just can't have a 7 windows per A1 sheet for our construction documentation

Thanks Christophe, do you mind explaining your process in a bit more detail?

The screenshots below illustrate my problem. Check the page count. 4 or 5 rows fit on each sheet, but it insists on 1. So now i have to make 20 sheets manually and maintain them as changes occur.. instead of making 1 sheet and never having to look at it again. (my mistake, the unique window count is far less than 900 - but still a cumbersome task)

This really needs a fix or workaround.
AC24

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We went for A3 booklets, that fixed the issue of needing multiple rows, but again, we're not ussually dealing with a large number. Ussually at most 10-15 A3 sheets for bigger projects.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
davidstonearchicad21 wrote:
Thanks Christophe, do you mind explaining your process in a bit more detail?
My process is exactly like yours
A complex problem requires a complex solution
It's true that it's a little tedious but your work file will be more comfortable then
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
davidstonearchicad21
Contributor
Does your viewport lose its width upon an update?

AC24