BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Autotext for frequently used notes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've heard that it is possible to input frequently used notes into the Property Manager to use as autotext, but can't seem to figure out how to make it work. Has anyone done this before?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
You can also type a note, select it and 'save selection as label'.
This will create a label for you but if you have a lot of notes you will also have a lot of labels in the label preview - along with all the other labels - so name them carefully to order them as you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I tried this just now but I could not make it work. The main problem is that values of Properties are displayed only in Labels when the Label is associated with an element. If you use the Property in a Text Block, or in a Label that is not associated with an element, the Property's value will not be displayed.
The same is true with Classifications: first, you cannot display the Classification Description value in a Text Block or Label, and second, the Classification value is displayed only if a Label is associated with an element.

So I was thinking about what other options we have, and found that you can do this with Project Info Autotext.
Just create new Autotext entries in the Project Info Dialog, and you will be able to display their values in Text Blocks.

One additional note:
I think the same thing could be achieved using GDL. You could have a TXT or XML file that contains the notes, and the Library Part would let you select which note to read from the file and display in your project. But that would require quite a bit of GDL scripting.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Solution
Barry Kelly
You can also type a note, select it and 'save selection as label'.
This will create a label for you but if you have a lot of notes you will also have a lot of labels in the label preview - along with all the other labels - so name them carefully to order them as you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the Project Info Autotext will be the way to go. Thank you both for the advice!
Learn and get certified!