Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Autotext in Story Settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone know if 'Autotext' can somehow be placed in the 'Story Settings' text
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also on a not completely unrelated matter. Has anyone had any success using the import xml feature associated with the Project Info window?
Anonymous
Not applicable
herb606 wrote:
Also on a not completely unrelated matter. Has anyone had any success using the import xml feature associated with the Project Info window?
Yes, it works wit no problem when I import .xml file that containes "Project Info" data from another Project.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ah...OK, yes I agree importing like for like project info xml files is not an issue, I should have explained my issue better.
I am exporting a Profect Info xml file for editing in order to customise it (because for some reason it isn't entirely customisable by default), and consequently having no success importing it back in.
I am assuming that customised Project Info xml files can't be imported.
I am also assuming now, due to no responses, that I am not able to code autotext into the story settings text input fields.
Eduardo Rolon
You can add custom entries to the Project Info and in 18 you should have more options. As for the Autotexts on elevations I use this.

http://www.masterscript.nl/home/33-elevation-dimension.html
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I am aware you can 'add' custom fields, however there are a number of 'fixed' fields which I have been attempting to modify by messing with the xml code. Importing modified xml code is the issue I am seeking an answer to.

I have managed to solve my original question on using autotext code in the story settings input fields. This is possible providing your code is entered correctly, which I must not have done originally - apologies. (All capitals and no spaces)

e.g. <PROJECTNAME>, or <CUSTOM1>