Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Autotext in drawing titles

Anonymous
Not applicable
We want to be able to combine the <PROJECTNUMBER> with the <DRAWINGID> to become the Drawing Number, so when the drawings are published as a PDF the project Number is automatically included in the PDF's filename, and save us having to manually insert it each time.

Is there a way of doing this that is simple and easy to understand.

Thanks
Ian C
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I understand you correctly it's easy.

We set the Project Number in Info (File / Info / Project Info) under item 3 (Project Number) which is stored as #Pln

The Drawing Number is assigned in the Layouts Navigator in the top left hand box of the 'Properties' window, and is stored as #LayID

Drop these 2 variables into your title box, adding any characters you might want as separators (e.g. we use backslash: #Pln/#LayID)

This is then the appended to the drawing title when the drawing is published as a PDF, except that in our case we always get a warning message that the backslashes have been converted to underscores because the operating system doesn't like backslashes!

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Keith, but does not work on our system.

Still just has the drawing number #LayID

Ian C
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I'm sorry. You're right of course.

The project number / drawing number combination appears on the layout but not in the name of the PDF file.

It would certainly be useful if it did! Another wish for Graphisoft I guess.