BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Axonometric/two-point perspective CineRender

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if I post this in the wrong place.
I have experienced some problems when it comes to rendering two-point perspectives and axonometric views.

When rendering a saved view, the rendered image includes a much larger section of the model than the window of the saved view. This leads to rendering a very large image, where only a small portion fits my needs. How the section of the image is chosen seems a bit out of my control as well.

I thought it could be an option to use the marquee-tool, but then the rendered area completely misses the model. Rendering with the marquee-tool would be a bit of a last option as well, since we need to have the rendered image the same resolution every time, to update in our Photoshop file, but I thought I should mention it, as I think it relates to the same problem.

I tried to illustrate the problem in the attached images.

I wonder if there is a way to control this, or is this a bug?
EDIT: speaking of problems, now I have trouble posting the screenshots in this post.

Kind regards,
Daniel
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Seems to be a known bug, when I checked in with the Dutch reseller.

Some things I've noticed (might be random still):
- rendering from the 3D window seems to be better than rendering from a previousrender as the active window
- turn on render safe frame
- with two point perspective, toggle the two point perspective button one or two times to 'reset' the proper view
- when you change settings in sketch render engine, the next render will 'bug' out the camera, so abort it, go in 3D window, 'reset' the camera position + two point perspective and render again
- save the cameras to a path for easy resetting back to what you want it to be like

I haven't tried axonemetric renders yet in 22, no tips for that.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks for the quick reply!
Will try out your tips
felcunha
Expert
I've noticed this also when rendering axonometric views.
While some views (axonometric or North facade for example) rendered well, others (South facade...) shown nothing.
A workaround was to hotlink the model in another project then slightly rotate it. After that I aligned the view to the facade I wanted to render.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Learn and get certified!