BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMX webviewer - connection to BIMCloud?

hi all,

from mobile BIMX (ipad, Android) I can connect to BIMCloud to get notes from BIMX into Archicad, Teamwork.

I can not do so with model opening in BIMX webviewer - right?
Can one hope to see that feature in future?

BR, Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
3 REPLIES 3
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Florian,

You are right - currently it is not possible to communicate with Archicad clients via BIMcloud from the BIMx web viewer.

Product Management team regularly checks these topics, so I believe if you can leave here some detailed feedback, that what you want to achieve with this feature (well, I have some idea, but it is probably better if you share your own thoughts 🙂 ), it can help them to consider such roadmap item for the future.

I even encourage others to join the discussion, what do you think about this idea? How would you use it?

Cheers,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

hi Noémi,

thanks for the fast reply.
It is about integrating communication with project partners, engineers using 2D documentation. A competitor has already demonstrated this implementation very well - as for a detailed description what should be included feature wise.

In a first step a "simple" integration of the same annotation/ comments features from the mobile BIMx into the web BIMx would be a good improvement. (I dare not dream of more 😉

BR, Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
Victor C Pop
Contributor

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but on a video on Youtube, BIMx is presented as an integrated solution for on-site to in-office communication via BIMx App. 

I uploaded a model to BIMx Model Transfer, downloaded it on my mobile device, but when I click on join and enter my username and password in order to leave messages for my colleagues at the office, it says "Login failed" - and I'm certain I didn't get my password wrong.

Is there something I'm missing here?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

What's more, on my laptop, I've downloaded the BIMx App, clicked on BIMx Model Transfer which takes me to our companies' profile, and when I download the file, it downloads a very weird file which BIMx can't open.

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 15.10.25.png

Any thoughts? 

Thank you

Archicad 26 INT / Ryzen 3900x, 2080Ti, 64GB RAM / M1 MacBook Pro