Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

BIMx Downloads

Is anyone else experiencing excruciatingly slow downloads of BIMx models from the BIMx server? I'm talking several minutes for just megabytes of data. It's happening on all my devices. Speed tests of my internet show speeds of over 400Mbs. It seems to have been a progressing problem as I noticed it happening over the past few months, but is getting increasingly slower. It literally takes longer to download than it takes to even create the BIMx with multiple views rendered with g.i. and then uploaded. Both processes take a shorter amount of time combined than the subsequent download.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
3 REPLIES 3

Sometimes, and only "sometimes," stopping it mid-download and reactivating the download helps, or deleting the model and reloading from scratch, in the case of updates.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

@Roland Szabo Are the downloads from the BIMx servers throttled down? Is this an anomaly, or have their been other reports? Thanks!

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

Hi Rex,

In case of a support issue you should report it to the bimx@graphisoft.com address. You can help the support by including some details: is your issue specific to one model or is it happening with all models? Does it happen on one platform only (e.g. BIMx iOS) or does it happen on multiple platforms?

I also recommend for anyone else experiencing any similar issue with BIMx to report it immediately to our support email (bimx@graphisoft.com). We actively monitor this inbox and try to reply each of you as soon as humanly possible. This also means that you will get help faster via the regular support channels rather than posting your issue on Graphisoft Community.

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin