BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx Publishing Sets

Matthew Johnson
Advocate
In AC17 we now have the ability to Publish to BIMx files. This looks to be a great feature when combined with BIMx Hyper-docs but I can find any user guides or supporting information on how to set the publisher set up properly.

Anyone seen a guide on this yet?
Matthew Johnson - POWE Architects
AC4.5 --> AC27 & Revit 2019 --> 2023
Asus Zenbook Pro 16x i9-13900H w/ Nvidia RTX 4070 4K dual, Windows 11 64bit
I'd rather be sailing.
37 REPLIES 37
Matthew Johnson
Advocate
also...

Has anyone had issues with BIMx Uploader not getting internet access?

Dear Graphisoft,
"Can't connect to GRAPHISOFT" is not enough for an error message. How do I diagnose why it can't access the website?
I'd rather be sailing.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
You'll probably have to ADD the BimX Hyper Doc Export to your MENUS in your work environment....

Then go to 3d model and export... Using this new command in your menu.

The dialogs will guide you thru only a few questions (where to save, and what LAYOUT SET to use for the 2d work)...

Pretty simple, tho not a PUBLISHER item in the existing publisher system.... (so it appears to me you can't have MULTIPLE Hyper Models ready to publish)...

My BIGGEST PEEVE is I have to go to my iPad to view it! Ugh.. And NOOO... why can't this also be viewed right on my desktop? Is it so reliant on the touch screen? And what about broadcasting to and audience via laptop and projector? or remotely via goto meeting?

I also see that the APP is $50... While I am not begrudging earning money for this tool, it's going to be awkward asking my clients to buy their own so they can see it.... I see no way to "buy it for them"....

Somebody help me out here if I've misinterpreted this process....(I've been known to do that before)...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Update:
Multiple Publisher Sets are possible, but in it's own HYPER MODEL PUBLISHING environment... Just Save a NEW set (multiple times; each w/ a different name and content) then each will be available for later publishing...

Also:

See here for video tutorial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XnAkShOq7o
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Re-Update...

Sorry... after watching more of the video.... the Hyper Model Publisher DOES end up in the regular publisher!

D.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers wrote:
You'll probably have to ADD the BimX Hyper Doc Export to your MENUS in your work environment....

Then go to 3d model and export... Using this new command in your menu.

The dialogs will guide you thru only a few questions (where to save, and what LAYOUT SET to use for the 2d work)...

Pretty simple, tho not a PUBLISHER item in the existing publisher system.... (so it appears to me you can't have MULTIPLE Hyper Models ready to publish)...

My BIGGEST PEEVE is I have to go to my iPad to view it! Ugh.. And NOOO... why can't this also be viewed right on my desktop? Is it so reliant on the touch screen? And what about broadcasting to and audience via laptop and projector? or remotely via goto meeting?

I also see that the APP is $50... While I am not begrudging earning money for this tool, it's going to be awkward asking my clients to buy their own so they can see it.... I see no way to "buy it for them"....

Somebody help me out here if I've misinterpreted this process....(I've been known to do that before)...

You have it right.

Your clients (and possibly consultants) will have to pay up the $5 to get access to your Hypermodel (which they've already paid for - or will pay for anyway, when they pay you your fees).

This issue has come up in another thread ....and consensus seems to be that (while most people don't have a problem with the $50 license fee or the fact that GS hope to make money our of this venture) this is a ridiculous idea or way of pricing it that puts the architect in an awkward position; although there are some who disagree and think it's just a great idea.
You could add your voice and maybe if enough people voice displeasure, they will change the pricing structure to something less bizarre.

I also agree about the iPad-only availability, and even putting aside the lack of an Android/PC version at the moment, the lack of a desktop version even for Mac also seems a little bass ackwards to me.
Matthew Johnson
Advocate
To get back on topic (please debate the cost elsewhere);

I cannot get BIMx Uploader to connect to the Grahisoft servers. Does anyone know the ports we need to open through our firewall to be able to access the site?
I'd rather be sailing.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Hey Matthew... sorry for drifting...

Yes, I successfully uploaded this afternoon... Of course I can't verify it's success from the VIEWER's point of view... but it did not give me any connection grief.

I don't have any special port setup other than those used for BIMServer..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant access the servers either - on mac or pc.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Matthew wrote:
Dear Graphisoft,
"Can't connect to GRAPHISOFT" is not enough for an error message. How do I diagnose why it can't access the website?
Did it ask you for your MY ARCHICAD Credentials?
Duane

Visual Frontiers