BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx Viewer Crash on Sony Laptop

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

So i have a Sony Laptop vgn-aw21vy and since Archicad 17 (when BIMx Viewer became a separate program in order to view bimx files) the BIMx Viewer just crashes on me when try to launch almost any bimx files .
The few files that it Doesn't crash are some very simple one: when in the empty project I add a wall or two. That's it. If I add a door or a window it just crashes, the same happens on more complex projects.
Of course I tested this on a freshly installed windows 7 and a windows problem is out of the question.

More precise steps of a crash are:
1. In Archicad 18 I create a new project
2. Add a wall and a door
3. Save as BIMx (wich until here all is good)
4. After save when it tries to open the bimx file, the BIMx Viewer opens for like 3 seconds and on loading screen it just crashes.

I can open BIMx Viewer with no project loaded but as soon as I load one it crashes on me and if I try to save bimx file from Archicad and check the box to automatically open it, after crash it opens the Bug Report Send Message and an EXCEPTION file log is generated on my desktop folder.
I attached the EXCEPTION file and the report files.

I can say that the Nvidia graphics drivers installed are most recent ones from Sony support site. I tried to install the graphics drivers from Nvidia Site but the setup forbids me to install them saying that i should only install the graphics driver from the Sony support site on this laptop.

So from here on I don't have any clues of what's going around so any help would be really appreciated and make me still believe in Graphisoft BIMx .
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!