BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx - app crashing when trying to use Cardboard VR

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks,

Today I've been trying to use BIMx to show a client around a project on an iPhone. The app opened fine and I accessed & zoomed around the 3D model with no issues, however whenever I try to access the Cardboard VR option the app crashes.

I've tried several different phones and several different projects, including the Demo project, but have been having the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this, as we never have before!!

Cheers
13 REPLIES 13
Barry Kelly
I just tried on an old iPhone with IOS 10.3.4.
Opened demo model in BIMx Pro with Cardboard VR and had no problems.
I can't run BIMx Lab on that phone.

What BIMx app are you using (standard, Pro, Lab) and what IOS version do you have?

Maybe someone else with the same setup could test it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers Barry

BIMx standard version 2020.1.2574
iPhone 6s 13.3.1
iPhone 7 13.3

Crashes every time on both

We've just tried it on an android P20 and it worked OK, and I've just downloaded BIMx Lab onto the iPhone 6s which also works fine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
FYI - feedback from Graphisoft:

"This issue is related to the latest iOS update. Starting from iOS 13.3.1 the Cardboard VR feature is not available anymore in the BIMx and BIMx PRO apps because of some functions that became deprecated in this iOS version. We are already working hard on a partial solution and the app will not crash in the upcoming update. We will release this update as soon as possible to avoid the crashes."
Barry Kelly
Thanks for letting us know.

Good job my old phone can't upgrade to IOS 13.3.1
Not that I use the Cardboard VR very often.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Jody S Keppers
Booster
I have the same problem on my iPhone XR.

For me the solution was to switch to the BimX Lab app. BimX Lab works well.
Keppers Design Architecture

AC 23, 24, 25, 26

Mac Studio 2022, 64GB, 8TB SSD, Ventura

MacBook Pro (15 inch 2019), 32GB, 1 TB SSD, Venturar

iMac 27" retina display (late 2015), 16 GB, 2TB hybrid drive, Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
PrendosJoe wrote:
Hi folks,

Today I've been trying to use BIMx to show a client around a project on an iPhone. The app opened fine and I accessed & zoomed around the 3D model with no issues, however whenever I try to access the Cardboard VR option the app crashes.

I've tried several different phones and several different projects, including the Demo project, but have been having the same issue.

Cheers
Something is similar happen whenever I tried to open the app app start's glitching and crashing I had tried to reinstall it but it doesn't solve my issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
PrendosJoe wrote:
FYI - feedback from Graphisoft:

"This issue is related to the latest iOS update. Starting from iOS 13.3.1 the Cardboard VR feature is not available anymore in the BIMx and BIMx PRO apps because of some functions that became deprecated in this iOS version. We are already working hard on a partial solution and the app will not crash in the upcoming update. We will release this update as soon as possible to avoid the crashes."

I have the same issues with Google Cardboard app, and other Google Cardboard apps/games from the Play Store. Sometimes I get a splash screen, sometimes not, but phone says "Unfortunately, <<insert app name>> has stopped."
Gyuri Nyitrai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Tylerbar wrote:
...whenever I tried to open the app app start's glitching and crashing...
Hi,

Can you send us a Feedback email to bimx@graphisoft.com from the menu of the app, please?
The technical data in its footer could help us to identify the root problem as we know about a similar issue appeared recently on Google Pixel phones only.

Regards,
Gyuri
Anonymous
Not applicable
PrendosJoe wrote:
Hi folks,

Today I've been trying to use BIMx to show app client around a project on an iPhone. The app opened fine and I accessed & zoomed around the 3D model with no issues, however whenever I try to access the Cardboard VR option the app crashes.

Cheers
Have you updated the app?
Learn and get certified!