BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx export - for PC, Apple or APP

rob2218
Enthusiast
So, a few versions back from AC18, when exporting out the BIMx file....you were able to save the BIMx file as an EXE file, an APP application file and as a BIMx file......for PCs, Apple, or an APP.....so now with AC18, after creating the Bimx file.....how do you save it to the other File formats?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
You don't any more.
It simply saves as a BIMx file that can be opened on PC, MAC or tablets (phones).
For PC and MAC you have to install the BIMx desktop viewer program.

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/bimx/

For tablets and phones you need the BIMx App.

They all use the same file now.

The Hyper Docs can be published from a PC or MAC but can only be viewed on a tablet or phone and you need to purchase a license to view them.

Plain BIMx files are free to view on all devices (with the appropriate software).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
Ok....so.... Let me see if I get this. You create a BIMx file out of Archicad18 with an "*.BIMX" extension.
That BIMx file can then be opened on an android, MAC, PC, or iPad.
Then if you want to view the BIMx Docs, that can only be viewed by purchasing the "BIMx Docs" software.
Is this correct?
What link can I use to direct an architect/client to view ONLY the model?
What's the link where I can send an architect/client to purchase the BIMx Docs for an iPad?
What's the link where I can send an architect/client to purchase the BIMx Docs for an Android device?

Thanks.
I think it was much simpler when you were able to decide "I want to output to PC and self-extract, save the file as an EXE, I want to output to an APP, then save the BIMx model as an APP file, or I want to output to a MAC, then save the file as BIMx file......
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
rob2218 wrote:
Ok....so.... Let me see if I get this. You create a BIMx file out of Archicad18 with an "*.BIMX" extension.
Then if you want to view the BIMx Docs, that can only be viewed by purchasing the "BIMx Docs" software.
Is this correct?
Correct.
rob2218 wrote:
What's the link where I can send an architect/client to purchase the BIMx Docs for an iPad?
What's the link where I can send an architect/client to purchase the BIMx Docs for an Android device?
The link I gave before has links to all of the above.

rob2218 wrote:
I think it was much simpler when you were able to decide "I want to output to PC and self-extract, save the file as an EXE, I want to output to an APP, then save the BIMx model as an APP file, or I want to output to a MAC, then save the file as BIMx file......
I agree - I would still like to be able to save a self contained file that can be sent to a client rather than having them download and install software first.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
I think being able to save (control) to an EXE file would be muhc more efficient than having the ONE format for all.
it'd be nice to simply send the client a file in EXE format, then have them install both the viewer AND the actual BIMx file all in one shot.
I know I know....EXE seem to have a 'virus' stigma to them and email softwares sniff that extension out and move it to the JUNK or QUARANTINED (SP?) folder..................
Barry wrote:
rob2218 wrote:
Is this correct?
Correct.
rob2218 wrote:
The link I gave before has links to all of the above.

rob2218 wrote:
I agree - I would still like to be able to save a self contained file that can be sent to a client rather than having them download and install software first.

Barry.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23