BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx from Archicad 14?

Gus
Newcomer
Can I / a client view one of the models I have created in ArchiCAD 14 on BIMx on an iPad? If so, how?
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
As I recall ArchiCAD14 updated VBE (virtual building explorer) to VBE2. I don't think it had the iPad app yet. Having upgraded to the new online license thingy (I think??) I can't get VBE or VBE2 to start anymore, so I can't check to be sure.

You would need a license for bimx to be able to export your model to bimx, I think.

In my opinion it's well worth the investment. All of our clients respond very positively to presentations with bimx, allways asking about a new file after we make revisions to the project. Even showing examples of other projects to possible new clients impresses them.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Erwin wrote:
In my opinion it's well worth the investment. All of our clients respond very positively to presentations with bimx, allways asking about a new file after we make revisions to the project. Even showing examples of other projects to possible new clients impresses them.
Ditto, I have had the same experience.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!