BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Beam Documentation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have a reasonable way to display a trellis made of beams

1. On a typical reflected ceiling plan
and
2. On the roof or floor plan of the story above

If the beam layer is included in the both Construction Plan and Reflected Ceiling layer combinations and the Floor Plan and Section Display is set to "Home Story & One Story Up", then the beams will incorrectly appear on the Construction Plan of the home story and the Reflected Ceiling Plan of the one story up.

The only way I can figure is to have different floor plan & reflected ceiling layer combinations for each floor. Otherwise I have not been able to find any combination of Layers, Layer Combinations, Model View Options, Floor Plan and Section Display Options for the beams.

Just to make things more complicated it is also sometimes useful for the beams to display dashed on the home story construction plan. Thoughts anyone?
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Kevan:

You should be able to do this with the Floor Plan Cut Plane (I tested in AC19, I think AC15 has the same options). Set the Beams to Show on Stories: Home & One Story Down (Home Story is the upper floor), Floor Plan Display: Projected with Overhead, Show Projection: Entire Element, Uncut Lines: Solid, Overhead Lines: Dashed. For the upper Floor, set the Floor Plane Cut Plane to be completely above the Beams, for the lower Floor, completely below the Beams. The Floor Plan Cut Plane is stored with the View, so make sure it is set correctly for each View that shows the Beams.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!