BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BiMx - a software onto itself? When?

rob2218
Enthusiast
BIMx is awesome.
I'm sure the folks at GS division for the BIMx team have been pondering "humm...why dont' we go off on our own"....cause, in all reality...it's a great tool.

I've shown numerous clients their design and they flip out every time they walk thru their house.

I've left BIMx Cardboard boxes with clients and they always thank me for introduction them to this wonderful tool....the BIMx model.

So...the next logical step is always a spin-off company.

I was also wondering if any development is being done to further enhance this APP?
Also...besides the Google Cardboard, which are economical and highly effective way of conveying the design, what would be an even better, clearer viewable google that others have had better experiences with and also have that same button functionality the Google Cardboard VR glasses have?

thanks, keep up the good work.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
2 REPLIES 2
Podolsky
Ace
Originally BIMx was called Zermatt. Developers were Swedish company.
Graphisoft bought this start-up and made part of their development.

So, if originally it was independent company - why to make it independent again? That Autodesk would buy it?
rob2218
Enthusiast
You have a point...........but.......Graphisoft better have tight grip on this product....because I have been noticing an uptick trend in it being used in the US market. Clients are requesting, no...better yet, demanding to see a VR walk-thru......................so Graphisoft, hope you are paying attention.

BIMx should be exploited and developed to max.

Just sayin'.....

"Observations From a User in the Trenches"
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Learn and get certified!