BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Bimx (for PC) on a high res screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just got a new Yoga2Pro ultra book and am having an issue with Bimx on it. When I run Bimx, it takes over the screen as usual and reduces the resolution. That's not great, but the real problem is that when I hit esc to bring up the menu, its's off the bottom of the screen. I can only see the top line or so, making it unusable and un-quitable.

Anyone have a similar experience or solution?

Ideally, I'd like to see graphisoft update bimx for desktop to use the higher resolutions as they are certainly going to become more common with time. I'd also love for it to run in a typically window with full screen option rather than taking over as it does now but that's really beyond the scope of my problem at the moment.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Your signature says AC 12. If you're on AC 17, BIMx does run in a window. It is unlikely that GS will improve old versions...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Your signature says AC 12. If you're on AC 17, BIMx does run in a window. It is unlikely that GS will improve old versions...
My mistake - just updated my signature to show AC 17 with windows 7 & 8.

Are you sure it runs in a window? I have Bimx for AC 17 installed and it certainly appears to take over the screen. It definitely changes the resolution when it starts.

Here's a shot of what I see after I start it, it changes resolution and I press esc to bring up the menu/
Karl Ottenstein
Maybe it is only windowed on macs as of 17...?

Try F11 as suggested here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=220449#220449
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Maybe it is only windowed on macs as of 17...?

Try F11 as suggested here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=220449#220449
Perfect! F11 does the trick and opens up a window that I size to the screen. Thanks!
Learn and get certified!