Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Black Walls in Lightworks

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I render a log home, I have one wall that has a large black band. Why does this happen, or at the very least ---how can I fix the problem.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP
11 REPLIES 11
Dwight
Newcomer
Does it look like spray paint?

You should move to a better neighborhood.

Please post the image.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the rendering-work in progress
Black Wall 1.jpg
Dwight
Newcomer
That looks like a corrupted window - or a serious setting error.

Trouble-shoot the windows.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay- The windows are a problem in some way-Yet on the adjoining wall, the same windows do not cause the same reaction.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a rendering without the windows.
Dwight
Newcomer
If you do a reliable trouble-shoot, you'll identify the exact window that is the problem and check it carefully.

The fact that what is apparently the same window working correctly in another place is not surprizing.

It looks to me like a scripting problem where some trim element is faulty.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not familiar with scripting. I have tried different windows, but the outcome is the same. Can you expand on what a reliable troubleshoot would be. Sorry--I'm new....
Dwight
Newcomer
Welcome to the dark arts of ArchiCAD.

In locating a "glitch," trouble-shooting means to reduce problem possibilities to one - like a mechanic would. You try options that give clues to the problem.

So maybe it is the wall itself. Try a new wall or a slightly relocated wall.

A scripting error means that an element script (the code behind what you see and manipulate) can't cope with the stuation it is in, resulting in an error, like cutting a slice from a wall and coloring it black.

This looks like an SEO gone wild - some kind of WALLHOLE command possibly associated with a trim piece....
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried several things including reseting AC9, copying walls and deleting original, trying different windows at different locations, but the fix involves cutting walls at intersection points. The wall is 90 feet as drawn, somehow this solved the problem.. Thanks for your help Dwight, I will get a copy of your book, for I have a lot to learn...