Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Blank titles

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help! I'm working on a layout for a job and all my PM titles have gone blank! I've checked everything I can think of including re-importing the drawings but the same thing happens. I'm working on a deadline - so this is a bit of a problem! Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
David Shorter
Advisor
Hi Ian
what do you mean ... blank?
Are the Master titles missing or the title types?
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

The title type box frame appears, which can be selected and stretched, etc. all as normal except there is no content in the box. The Check box to append a title to the drawing is checked and the drawing has a title under the Layout name e.g. Level 1 plan - just nothing appears! It's a mystery because it worked normally last time I opened it and I can't think of anything that I have done to change things.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just started a new layout book using "new and reset" and everything is back to normal. Maybe it's one of those mysterious things that happen for no apparent reason when programs get muddled. I'll just use the new book now and import the files across. Thanks for the interest.
Djordje
Ace
Ian wrote:
The title type box frame appears, which can be selected and stretched, etc. all as normal except there is no content in the box. The Check box to append a title to the drawing is checked and the drawing has a title under the Layout name e.g. Level 1 plan - just nothing appears! It's a mystery because it worked normally last time I opened it and I can't think of anything that I have done to change things.
Did you try to edit the title itself? What is the pen color?

... and so on ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
David Shorter
Advisor
Ian ... sounds as if you have a linked drawing title block (PMK or the like)
Check drawing usage and make sure the drawing is still there
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Aussie John
Newcomer
Yes I agree with David- you must have moved a file or folder and PM has lost the linked title block
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]