Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Book Info Quirk

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try this:

Open any cheap text editor like Notepad and type three short phrases on three different lines (hitting ENTER at the end of each phrase). Now copy all of this and go into PlotMaker. Select Book->Book Info, then past what you have copied into any category. Insert a text instance and use the autotext code for the category you pasted your phrases into.

What you should see are your three phrases stacked on each other just like in Notepad. PlotMaker keeps and uses the return characters from the copied text.

At first, I was going to report this as a bug, but I actually like it -- it allows me to get a couple extra lines of information out of a single category.
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
Maybe a Windows thing?

Doesn't seem to work on a Mac, using Text Edit (either Plain text or Rich Text)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found another use for it. I always wanted to use my layout names to automatically fill in the sheet title, but the text won't wrap. Now I can just insert a return character to split the title. It's still readable in the tree view, and it displays correctly as part of the master layout.
Djordje
Ace
Jay wrote:
I found another use for it. I always wanted to use my layout names to automatically fill in the sheet title, but the text won't wrap. Now I can just insert a return character to split the title. It's still readable in the tree view, and it displays correctly as part of the master layout.
Type any text in PlotMaker with line breaks, copy and paste - the same happens.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Brad Elliott
Booster
Similar topic to the Wishlist. Can anyone cconfirm that this works on a Mac. I am unable to make it work. This would be extremely handy.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro