Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Border lines around drawings on layout.

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi,

Does anybody know if it's possible to turn them off, so they won't be visible on layout?

thx
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
This and much more is set in the Drawing Settings dialog. (Select the drawing, and ctrl/cmd-T or right click to get the context menuy, or half a dozen other ways to get there.)

See attached - clear the checkbox for the printable border.

The Drawing Tool determines the default settings for all new drawings that a created by dragging and dropping views onto a layout.
Drawing Settings.gif
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx Karl,

But I have it unchecked, and still have dashed border around my drawings - probably they are not printable but it's a bit annoying when they're visible.
Visibility of drawing border (the not printable one) is important to know what is what on the layout.
And if the solid line changes to dashed - it is also the info that the drawing placed there is cropped or the outline is edited.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to View Menu >On-Screen View Options>Drawing Frames

drawing frames can be toggled on-off.

Piotr, thx for the tip re: dashed outline indicating cropping - despite looking at these every day, its one of those things i've never noticed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
kombibob, THANKS. that worked.