Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Brick on Wall Section

toman311
Enthusiast
So, I have a brick on stud wall. The brick hatch pattern is showing, but I also want to add the individual bricks with the mortar joint. The mortar joint would be a concave mortar joint too. The problem when drawing this is that the brick hatch pattern shows through behind the brick. How can I get that to go away so I get a nice brick detail?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Probably making a custom line type with the bricks drawn, like the block line that comes in AC, and use it as separator line in the wall composite. see example in the pic.

Here is how you make custom lines
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/tips/how-to-create-custom-line-types/
toman311
Enthusiast
This is for a section view. I forgot to mention that, but I tried what you said though. Ok, so what I did is I created a brick custom line pattern. Is there any way to get the origin of the line to be on an of the brick pattern and not in the middle of the brick pattern? To cover up the lines in the background, I added a white fill behind the brick pattern. It turned out alright. The fill covers up some of the lines which run into the brick pattern, but it can work. I guess this is the simplest way to do this?

Also, the wall being used is a complex profile.

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
toman311
Enthusiast
I tried adjusting the complex profile, but the brick line isn't lining up. It is referencing the brick line to the center of the brick. I need it to be on an edge for this to work then. Not sure how to do this?
Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 12.01.41 PM.png