Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Bright Spots

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a spot in my model that renders too bright. I do not have any spaces there for extra light to get in. Any suggestions or ideas of what I am doing wrong here? Thank you. - Jakub
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
A bit more information might be helpful

- AC version (I'm guessing AC18 and CineRender)? (Put this and OS in signature in your profile, link at top of forum page, for future reference)
- Have you placed any lamps or sun object?
- Render settings? Sun intensity? Lamp intensity?
- Have you used a marquee to define a selected area to show in 3D? (might leave gaps for light to get in)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Stuart for the quick reply.

- AC18 and CineRender
- No lamps or Sun object. Just Global illumination.
- Diffuse Depth 3 , Primary Intensity 145, Secondary Intensity 145, Sunlight Intensity 175, Illuminating Surfaces 20,
- I have never used a marquee to define a selected area to show in 3D. The model has this very light on the exterior surfaces. Strongest in similar corner.

I have tried to adjust most of these and no luck. If anything comes to mind, I would really appreciate the help. - Jakub
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jakubgalczynski:

I don't know if this will solve your issue, but I would start with one of the predefined render Scenes that comes with ArchiCAD. For example you could try the Indoor Daylight Medium (Physical) Scene (I have gotten better results with the Medium rather than the Fast Scenes). In the Indoor Daylight Medium (Physical) Scene all the light values are lower than those you posted, and the Illuminating Surfaces is off.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David that was a simple, yet effective solution. Thank you. -Jakub