BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Builder Dimension 22 in AC23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using Builder Dimension 22 in AC22. This gives me the format I want to use. In AC23, there is no option to use this marker or a 23 version. I have tried loading the 22 version into 23 and I get a message saying "this is not a valid door marker". Is there an updated version of this marker? This is the only marker I like to use.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
New AC22 document => Place the marker => Library Manager => [Relevant Library] => Embed Placed Objects of Selected Libraries

I believe that will save all the required macros to the Embedded Library which you can then extract to where ever it is required.

Ling.

In AC22
Library Manager => Embedded Library => [Objects you just embedded] => Export Selected Library Objects to Local Folder

In AC23+
Library Manager => Add... => [Folder you exported AC22 objects to]

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
I believe there may be a macro that goes along with this .GSM file that is required for this label to work properly. There was a similar issue with title blocks. (The AC23 title blocks are broken, and Karl Ottenstein was able to package an AC22 label with macro into an .LCF file which works fine in AC23.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl, Do you perhaps have a solution to this problem?
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
New AC22 document => Place the marker => Library Manager => [Relevant Library] => Embed Placed Objects of Selected Libraries

I believe that will save all the required macros to the Embedded Library which you can then extract to where ever it is required.

Ling.

In AC22
Library Manager => Embedded Library => [Objects you just embedded] => Export Selected Library Objects to Local Folder

In AC23+

Anonymous
Not applicable
YES.....that worked. Thanks very much.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got the builder dimension to embed in the 22 file. How do I get it into a 23 file so I can use it on windows and doors?
Lingwisyer wrote:

Ling.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Loren wrote:
I got the builder dimension to embed in the 22 file. How do I get it into a 23 file so I can use it on windows and doors?

In AC22

In AC23

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC22

This only exports a gsm.

In AC23

This only imports an lcf

What am I missing?
Barry Kelly
Loren wrote:
In AC23

This only imports an lcf

What am I missing?

You can select a folder to import as well.

If you followed Ling's original post above (https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69154#p307463), you should have saved out a folder with the object and a macro (another .GSM object) that you save into a folder.

It is this folder that you add to 23.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

Where specifically is this macro?
Learn and get certified!