BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Bulk change of objects surfaces within CineRender

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Community

I have imported approximately 60 3ds files as objects which was great and relatively easy. My problem however is that while they render great within the internal engine and look fine with the 3d view, when using CineRender the materials are all highly reflective chrome and making them reflect everything and look generally crap. My issues is that these are complex objects that have many many surfaces and (for some reason they look fine in the internal render but Maxon rendering engine sees it as all a highly reflective chrome) so there are loads of things that would need to be altered manually. Is there a way of automating this or forcing CineRender to use the materials from the internal rendering engine?

I have tried loads of stuff but nothing seems to work except manually changing each objects material.
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
Just a quick guess. Internal Engine Materials and CineRender Materials though thy are the same can have different settings. If the 3DS file created new Surfaces in AC you should select them and use the "CineRender to Match Internal" this should copy the settings from one to the other. You will have to do this for each new material.
Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 8.20.37 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I think imported 3DS files can generate their own materials in the GDL code. Workaround is to assign ArchiCAD surface materials to the different surfaces using the object settings (there will be an option to override material). These materials you can control the cinerender settings for.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!