BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Bunkspeed - Questions of interest

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone,

I am just fooling around on Sketch-up at the moment but intend to study architecture in the near future and want to be fully prepared when the time comes.

I was wondering if anyone on these forums has used or knows much about Bunkspeed Shot and its functionality in comparison to other rendering software?

I gathered from research of these forums and other sources that a program like Bunkspeed is a choice for beginners and amateurs unlike something like Artlantis or Vray and was wondering how limited the renders are?

Any information or help will be extremely useful for someone with very limited knowledge of the industry.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Werbean,

I haven't heard of it before, but one way to compare is simply to go though the respective forums and determine what types of questions people are asking. Also download the tutorials for each and that'll also give you some important information.

After a very preliminary look-see, it appears to me that the Bunkspeed users are imaging products; buildings, not so much. Also lots of comments about installation, and the software seems to still be in beta. Exciting stuff for a student, but beyond scary for anyone trying to get paid.

Assuming it is great software, the true cost of software is never the purchase price ($995 base), it is the learning curve, plus the ability to get help during crunch time. IE how good are the forums and tutorials.

Let us know how it goes.

Snap
Learn and get certified!