Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CORONA render add-on for ARCHICAD in the making...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello to the ARCHICAD Community! New to this forum but an old-timer AC user, since v. 6.5...

It was on last month's CHAOSGROUP totalCHAOS event that an announcement was made by Renderlegion representative Mr Adam Hotovy that they are already working on a CORONA plug-in(add-on) for ARCHICAD.

You may forward to 50:50 in the video on ChaosGroupTV youtube channel. It is called: Total Chaos 2018 — Opening keynote and below is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd5JYd69lBU

As you watch, take a look at what is happening on the video display wall in the back.

You'll probably notice the CORONA guys wanted some feedback but I am more than sure that they didn't get it on this venue as totalCHAOS is for CG dev's and CG artists. So making CAD/BIM announcements on CG events is a good idea but stands zero to no chances to catch up.

I think it would be massively great if the ARCHICAD Community and/or GRAPHISOFT provide some meaningful and useful feedback that could boost up this CORONA project.

A top performance BIM + a top performance render engine sounds like dynamite to me.

So, I'd repeat Mr Hotovy's question 'What do you think?'
58 REPLIES 58
Tom wrote:
Hi all!

Thanks for your interest in Corona Renderer! Just to let you know that Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD is now publicly available, with the Alpha 2 version just released today. More info over on the blog post - https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-for-archicad-alpha-2-released/
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update.
I've downloaded it and will be thoroughly testing it as soon as possible (well, there goes my weekend.)

Would you guys like feedback at the original thread in your forum (linked in the second post above) where you originally posted gauging interest in the plugin or is there some other thread you guys set up that you would prefer?

EDIT :
Never mind.
I found the Corona for ArchiCAD page on your forum where all the bug reporting and feature requests will go.

So for anyone else interested and testing this plugin give them feedback at this page:-
https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php?board=45.0

Also, I hope Tom doesn't mind me reposting this here, but if you guys know any Mac developers familiar with ArchiCAD for Mac and the ArchiCAD API in general who would be interested in working with the Corona guys, give them a shout as that will greatly help in them developing the Mac version of the plugin.

Great job, guys!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Howdy! I don't mind the repost at all We definitely want to get the news out to the ARCHICAD community, so the more sharing, quoting and notifying, the better! Sorry that we've stolen your weekend away from you - hope you had nothing too exciting planned that you'll miss out on now! 😉

Thanks for the link to the thread on our forums - yes please, post all feedback requests, bug reports, etc. there. That way our development team will be able to see and track and reply to those.

We're always looking for developers (for pretty much any platform), so do direct anyone good coders that you know to our jobs page and tell 'em to join the team!

Thanks!
Tom
Tom wrote:
Howdy! I don't mind the repost at all We definitely want to get the news out to the ARCHICAD community, so the more sharing, quoting and notifying, the better! Sorry that we've stolen your weekend away from you - hope you had nothing too exciting planned that you'll miss out on now! 😉......
My weekend AND my sleep.
But it's all good.
I'm going to have so sooo much fun with this, as I can already tell from the brief testing I've already done with it so far.

I can't believe that this is just an Alpha version.
It's so polished and thorough so far (and very familiar with how I already know it from the 3dS Max Version) with so many features already.

You guys have done a really amazing job. I can't say that enough.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about the sleep 😉

And thank you for the kind words! Early days yet for sure, but I think we've managed to get quite a surprising amount working already. And of course, there's only more to come!
daviiiiidave
Advocate
Game Changer 2018. Thank you a lot. This is an amazing message at the end of the year. appreciate your work and i hope the best for your project.

https://bydesign.graphisoftus.com/

ARCHICAD 19-25, Student & Full Archicard, CI Tools, Germany
Mifcom Renderbox AMD Ryzen 9 5900X GeForce RTX 3070 TI 32GB RAM 980 PRO SSD Win10
Thinkpad P52 4K i7 8850H NVIDIA Quadro P3200 (6 GB) 32 GB RAM SSD Win10 Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
First time I heard about this endeavour I didn't believe it was true.
Yesterday I downloaded the Alpha and tried and can say only one thing - Thank you!

Finally a premium render engine comes to us - ArchiCAD users who were neglected by almost all major players since we are not Autodesk owned company.
This is a total game changer! I'm looking forward to the major releases with so much hope!
hpenbeoglu
Booster
I was waiting for this! Wonderful news for a rainy weekend

Render elements, realtime rendering (IR) & render speed... Nothing to say

Bug, Review, etc // I'll try and note here my experiements:
  • There is no alpha at 2D trees and images are upside down.
  • Rotating Corona Light is tedious.
BIM Manager, Architect in the UK | AC11-AC27

Macbook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 32 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD | MacOS 13.3.1 (a)
hpenbeoglu wrote:
I was waiting for this! Wonderful news for a rainy weekend

Render elements, realtime rendering (IR) & render speed... Nothing to say

Bug, Review, etc // I'll try and note here my experiements:
  • There is no alpha at 2D trees and images are upside down.
  • Rotating Corona Light is tedious.

Better to post the bugs and issues at the Corona forum (at the link I posted above), rather than here.

The developers probably won't be visiting or checking this forum but they frequently visit their own user forums and even interact with and speak to users directly.
hpenbeoglu
Booster
Better to post the bugs and issues at the Corona forum
Done. Thanks.
BIM Manager, Architect in the UK | AC11-AC27

Macbook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 32 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD | MacOS 13.3.1 (a)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try pasting the Alpha channeled texture in the Opacity section texture slot. Please, see the image below: