BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cadimage DW Builder 11.4 & 3D Profiler 11.3 kill AC 11?

Chazz
Enthusiast
I just upgraded to Cadimage Door & Window Builder 11.4 (11/15/2007) and 3D Profiler 11.3 (11/30/2007)

After the install, I launched AC (note that I did not open a file, I just launched the app) and it gave me an Add-on warning. But if I tell it to "Run Anyway", ArchiCAD crashes almost immediately.

This is on my Mactel running OSX 10.5.1 and AC 11 (1114). (According to Cadimage none of their stuff works on PPC machines running Leopard. Nice.)

Thank goodness I kept the previous installers. I'm going to try and back track. What a hassle. I upgraded because:

1) Any attempt to use 3D Profiler previously would crash AC (hey, but at least it would launch!)
2) I was sent a flyer by Cadimage suggesting I upgrade to D&W Builder 11.4

Anyone using either of these add-ons successfully on a Leopard machine? Is this a case of heat-seekers getting their deserved burns?

Cadimage_Kills_AC11.png
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
5 REPLIES 5
Chazz
Enthusiast
Update:

If I remove from the add-ons folder the add-on titled Cadimage DWUpgrade.apx --which has a modification date of October 15th 2007-- ArchiCAD launches.

This is odd because all my other Cadimage add-ons have very recent modification dates (all today, in fact).

3D profiler still doesn't work (it gives a Missing Presets Lists error) but hey, at least it doesn't nuke the application, so I consider this progress.
Djordje
Ace
Well ... if Graphisoft tells you that Leopard is still not supported, and you insist on using it, then how can they be responsible?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
The installer for 11.4 should automatically remove the older add-on. In this case it did not, possibly due to Mac permission settings. The workaround is to remove the "DWUpgrade.apx" add-on manually.

Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any issues in the future.
Chazz
Enthusiast
Djordje wrote:
Well ... if Graphisoft tells you that Leopard is still not supported, and you insist on using it, then how can they be responsible?
I'm a heat seeker with Apple products but a cowardly lion with GS products. When the twain meet, there can be issues.

Still, my understanding was that AC and Leopard were just fine so long as you stayed away from the networked Wibu key server. Which I promise to do.
Chazz
Enthusiast
CadimageTools wrote:
remove the "DWUpgrade.apx" add-on manually...
Thank you, oh nameless Cadimage person. I'm sort of proud of myself for figuring this out on my own, but I appreciate you speaking up and pointing to the fix. I'll contact you separately about my woes with 3D Profiler......
Learn and get certified!