Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Cadimage Door+Window materials in Artlantis

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got a feeling I've read about this somewhere a while back, but can't find it any where.
Does any one know a way of stopping Cadimage doors + windows creating their own materials?
What's happening is when I take a model that has the cadimage stuff in it through to artlantis, I get a massive list of materials (called GDLx_Frame Material_xxx) for the door and window frames. It's really annoying, especially as the materials are generally all the same thing.
4 REPLIES 4
Nuge
Advocate
Tom

The best way i have found is to export as a 3DS file. Be careful with the length of you material file names as i think it only uses 7 characters.

Cheers Nuge
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nuge wrote:
Tom

The best way i have found is to export as a 3DS file. Be careful with the length of you material file names as i think it only uses 7 characters.

Cheers Nuge
Thanks for the reply, but kind of misses the point - sorry, maybe my post was a bit confused, i wrote it in a hurry.

The Cadimage objects are changing their own names, and I want to know how to stop them doing this.

Also, I'm not sure the 7 characters thing is true, I've never experienced any problems using longer material names.
stefan
Expert
Tom wrote:
Nuge wrote:
Tom

Cheers Nuge
Thanks for the reply, but kind of misses the point - sorry, maybe my post was a bit confused, i wrote it in a hurry.

The Cadimage objects are changing their own names, and I want to know how to stop them doing this.

Also, I'm not sure the 7 characters thing is true, I've never experienced any problems using longer material names.
The 3ds file format uses short names for textures. So when exporting an ArchiCAD project as a 3ds file, texture names and material names get shortened.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tom

This materials issue with Artlantis has been fixed with the latest release of Door & Window Builder for Archicad V11 (version 11.5 for NZ customers).

Please contact me directly if you need more help.