Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Can I change the dimension tool's line length?

William Yan
Expert

Hi everyone, I have a question, the dimension tool in elevation is not good looking when the line is on the right side (the line on the left side is OK). It is longer than the text. Can we make the line align with the text?

Snipaste_2021-09-14_09-27-31.pngSnipaste_2021-09-14_09-27-09.png

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

That one particular marker type seems to have a small extension to the right side of the line past the text.

It does move when you move the text.

If you change to any of the other marker types, the line ends exactly at the end of the text (and also stretches as you move the text).

I can't see any way of adjusting this - I think it is hard coded in the program for that marker type.

I would say it is a small bug which you can report to your local Archicad distributor if you are truly 'bugged' by it (sorry, bad humour).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

That one particular marker type seems to have a small extension to the right side of the line past the text.

It does move when you move the text.

If you change to any of the other marker types, the line ends exactly at the end of the text (and also stretches as you move the text).

I can't see any way of adjusting this - I think it is hard coded in the program for that marker type.

I would say it is a small bug which you can report to your local Archicad distributor if you are truly 'bugged' by it (sorry, bad humour).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Haha, I am truly "bugged". 🤣

OK, I will report this to Grahpisoft. Hope in a few years later, they can fix it.

Thank you very much!

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10