Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Can I get Issue Name/Date into a sheet index?

Robert Nichols
Advocate
I think I've seen this addressed before, but can't find it now.

I'm trying to create a sheet index with as much info as possible (document control table), but it appears the index editor doesn't make some parameters, such is name and date of latest issue. If the code can access latest rev id for a layout in an index row, shouldn't it also be able to get the name and date of the latest rev's issue?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What you can do is add the "Custom Text 1" parameter to the fields you show in the Sheet Index and type its value manually. You could also modify its name from "Custom Text 1" to "Last Issue Date" or something similar.
There is no built-in "Issue Date" parameter for Layout, only for the Issue.
Maybe the reason for this is that there is no single Issue date for Layouts, since they are issued and re-issued as time goes by.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Robert Nichols
Advocate
Thanks, Laszlo.

I had concluded the same thing, but it seems like an unnecessary omission. The available layout parameters in the sheet index editor include Current Revision ID and Change ID's in Current Revision. If the database can associate Current Rev ID with a layout I would think it also has access to the record of the issue that created the current revision.

What I am trying to create is a document control table, which would show rows including all layouts, with columns showing Layout ID, Layout Name, Current Rev ID, and Current Rev Issue Date. This is a set of data that can be quickly scanned to indicate if someone is looking at current set of drawings, which would be made up of sheets with various revisions.

To be honest, the document is logically complete with the fields mentioned above but lacking the Current Rev Issue Date, but it would be nice to have the date there and it would make the document clearer.

Entering it by hand would be time-consuming and would invite error into a document whose only purpose is to improve quality control!
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I hear ya!
You should make a wish for this feature.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27