BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Can Web Reviewer be put on a Webserver ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a webserver running IIS, and was wondering if I could put the put the output from the web reviewer onto it rather than on an FTP site.

When I tried the user I had to test it said that the main area at the bottom right couldn't be seen. There was a java related error I think. I allowed scripting and all permissions on IIS settings but it still didn't work.

If this is possible, which particular permissions and addons (scripting etc) has to be enabled in IIS? I don't want to enable everything. Maybe none? as FTP can only allow read/write?

When I tried the FTP, my test user reported some user access error. This may have something to do with my FTP server's settings being wrong, so I will have to look into why that happened. It usually works ok. But with the FTP way, what is supposed to be seen by the user? Does the user have to manually click the .html file at the top level folder to start it?

Are the files actually left untouched when a user marks up (redlines) the documents? Are the altered documents only emailed to me rather than actually altered on the FTP server / webserver? How are the email SMTP settings done? Do I use my SMTP server or the user's?

Cheers
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess nobody really uses this feauture then?

I have been looking at other solutions, like eDrawings, but does anybody have any favourites?
eldhead
Newcomer
There is a warning related to security when running the Java application, the user have to accept it to run. The redlined files are uploaded to your web/ftp-server. User have to set their emailsettings.
Archicad 7 - 24, HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation, Win 10
Learn and get certified!