BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Can't change drawing numbers on layout.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I always have my drawing numbers set to "by layout." When I add a drawing to the sheet, I place it where I want it on the sheet, then I move the drawing in the navigator to first, second, etc. in the drawing order. the problem is it won't let me. I have the sheet reserved, as well as all the drawings on that sheet.

This may be an issue with another post I had about the sheets not showing up reserved in my navigator but I'm not sure...

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29785&highlight=
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I want this to say 3, 4, 5...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Steven,
I think that ArchiCAD is numbering correctly - according to the order they are in the Navigator.
I think if the Beam Detail @ Family Room was before the Corner Window Detail in the Navigator then they would display their Drawing Numbers the way you want.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo,

Yes, this was my problem, I couldn't move the drawings around in the navigator, so it would not let me change the numbering. Becoming team leader, or expanding my role in the BIM server manager, fixed this problem. Maybe this could have been better explained in the collaboration guide, that you have a pretty limited role if you are just "architect" in the server manager.

All works out fine now though, I will probably create custom roles for everyone here in the office.

Thanks Laszlo for being so responsive. Much appreciated (you too Karl and Erika!).
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I got it.
You are welcome.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!