BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Can't move, plus strange look at model, BIM

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am trying to use BIMx for the first time but I am not getting it to cooperate.

I have tried to save it from archicad (save as BIMx, in the 3D view) and I have tried Publish BIMx hyper model. The problem is that I can't move with wasd in BIMx viewer, I can look around and use space to jump but I can't move forward. I have tried to toggle the camera view with f8 without any luck.

The model is also looking very strange, look at the attatched picture.

The model is built from modules and are fairly big (around 200 MB) and located far from origo. BIMx is working at the separate module files. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Drawing far away from origin (in combination with being large model) is actually what I would suspect is causing the problems.

Drawing far away from origin makes the coordinates of a model very big and the calculations needed to generate the model become complex as a result (I think).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, the model was better when i moved it to origo and tried to make a BIMx model.

The problem is that I still can't move around in the model to examine it. I've tried BIMx viewer 17 and 18. When I change the camera view with f8 it changes from viewing the model with a sky background to only viewing a gray background were i can't see the model.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
F8 changes from perspective to parallel. You can't move in parallel projection, just turn the model.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!