Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Can't switch off Dimension Layer in my Hotlink Module

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on an 11 storied Residential Project. I used the Hotline Module from the 3rd Floor to 9th Floor
I am having a peculiar problem with my Hotlink module. I can't change the dimension layer on any View Map.
Even can't switch off the layer.
I am working on this project for the last 2 months. I didn't found any issue with my MOD file. But

Fig 1: Showing dimension in another editable floor
Fig 2: Showing dimension in Hotlink module

N.B: I didn't give any dimension at my MOD file. All dimension has given in my main .pln file.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The answer was very simple once I saw the file: those dimensions are on the Archicad Layer and the Archicad Layer is always visible, you can not hide anything on it since you cannot turn off the visibility of the Archicad Layer.
In the module file, place those dimensions on any other Layer, save the changes, then in the host file update the Hotlinked Module and you will find that you can now hide those dimensions by turning off the visibility of their Layer.

(You can now take off the files from Google Drive).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not sure, but It looks like the Layer Combo associated to that viewmap is setting your dimension layer to On and Lock.
You will have to create another Layer Combo with dimension layer Off.
Hope this helps.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Another possibility:
When you place a Hotlinked Module, you specify a Master Layer for it. If you turn off that Master Layer, the whole Hotlinked Module becomes hidden. It may be that your dimensions are on that same Layer, so they are either always visible when the Hotlinked Module is visible, or if the Hotlinked Module is hidden, the dimensions will also be hidden.
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
Another possibility:
When you place a Hotlinked Module, you specify a Master Layer for it. If you turn off that Master Layer, the whole Hotlinked Module becomes hidden. It may be that your dimensions are on that same Layer, so they are either always visible when the Hotlinked Module is visible, or if the Hotlinked Module is hidden, the dimensions will also be hidden.
Dear Laszlo Nagy
I checked for this possibility. I think this is not the issue here. I faced the issue twice this week. After facing the problem I tried in several ways to solve it. Previously I broke the link and then deleted those dimensions.
Here is the pln file. I would really appreciate it if you can check the file for me.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15_jxbQsNXT2wF2Vk6kx76I4QrLtD_JsY?usp=sharing

Sincerely
Avi Shiplu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
I am not sure, but It looks like the Layer Combo associated with that view map is setting your dimension layer to On and Lock.
You will have to create another Layer Combo with dimension layer Off.
Hope this helps.
Hello Braza
Thanks for ur suggestion. I checked the layer combination possibility.
I felt It's was not the issue. Here is my file if you want u can check it Here
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15_jxbQsNXT2wF2Vk6kx76I4QrLtD_JsY?usp=sharing
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The answer was very simple once I saw the file: those dimensions are on the Archicad Layer and the Archicad Layer is always visible, you can not hide anything on it since you cannot turn off the visibility of the Archicad Layer.
In the module file, place those dimensions on any other Layer, save the changes, then in the host file update the Hotlinked Module and you will find that you can now hide those dimensions by turning off the visibility of their Layer.

Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
The answer is very simple: those dimensions are on the Archicad Layer and the Archicad Layer is always visible, you can not hide anything on it since you cannot turn off the visibility of the Archicad Layer.

Thanks
The solution Works accurately .