BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cannot Disable Headroom in 3D / Sections / Elevations

bennerm
Contributor
Need help removing the headroom representation for stairs. I have attempted to disable through MVO, "Headroom" option in the "Stair Options" panel is deselected. The representation remains in the model, obscuring drawing elements behind.
I was attempting to activate the headroom feature earlier in the week, also without success. Then they all suddenly appeared and I have now lost the ability to remove them. Is there another location from which this function may be toggled?

Mark Benner
MacPro
AC23
MacPro
AC 23
5 REPLIES 5
Hello bennerm,

Do you checked you had not constrained the MVO settings on the staircase itself ?
Do you save your view as well ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Mark:

I am seeing the same behavior. The only way I can find to eliminate the Headroom in sections is to turn it off in all the MVO settings. There is no option to override the headroom in the Stair settings.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
bennerm
Contributor
Thank you David. That did the trick. I only had one MVO with the headroom option active (not the MVO assigned to the view in question.) I switched it off and viola. Thanks for your reply.
Mark Benner
MacPro
AC 23
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Mark:

Glad that worked for you, thanks for posting back. This looks like a bug to me, unassigned MVO settings should not affect other Views.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you for your report and I am sorry about the issue!

We have found out that, if the Headroom is turned on in 3D, this setting will be carried over to Sections/Elevations, even though you set it to another MVO that has Headroom turned off!

This defect is scheduled to be fixed in the second update of ARCHICAD 23. I am very sorry for the inconvenience! Thank you for sharing the issue here!

I wish you a great week ahead!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!