BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cannot export layers to pdf in Archicad 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I have tried the new feature in Archicad 18 with exporting my layers on to the pdf and i works when just pressing save to ... But when trying to save layers to pdf via Publisher set i cant check that box...

Anyone know why its not possible?

Would really like to export my layers with my Publisher set to pdf if it would be possible

//Michael

PDFExportLayers.png
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
It is not very clear but the manual says when you save a "View" as a PDF you will have the option to include layers.

If you try to "Save" a layout page as a PDF you will find this option greyed out (same as when Publishing a layout).
I assume this is because a layout can be composed of multiple views (placed as drawings) from either internal or external sources.
There is no control over the layers in the drawings other than in the original source view.
One drawing (view) on a layout could have a certain layer turned on and another drawing right next to it could have the same layer turned off.
This will look fine in the layout but what would happen in the PDF if you only have simple layer control for the entire PDF - is the layer to be on or off?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!